Lay Liturgical Ministers are members of the laity who are called to serve at Masses and throughout our faith community. Their roles include being Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion and Ushers. These are all important ministries for the lifeblood of our parish and our faith, and they offer a meaningful way for a person who is “called” to actively participate in the Holy Liturgy.
To be a successful candidate, you must:
- Be Catholic and have received the sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Holy Eucharist and Confirmation);
- Live your life in accordance with the teachings of our Catholic Faith;
- Consent to training, and to willingly participate in the ministry with respect, knowledge and reverence;
- Be at least 16 years old (EMHC and Lector Training is available for Junior and Senior High School students);
- Discuss your qualifications with Fr. Larry, our pastor.
For more information, call the Rectory Office, or email Nick Sisto, HNJ’s Coordinator of Lay Liturgical Ministers at firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Diocesan Training Schedule*
October 19, 2021; 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
St. Francis Prep. H.S.
6100 Francis Lewis Blvd.
Fresh Meadows, NY
(EMHCs; Lectors; High School EMHC Students)
December 4, 2021; 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
St. Edmund Prep. H.S.
2474 Ocean Avenue
(EMHCs; Lectors; High School EMHC Students; and Ushers)